I am feeling sad right now. I just got done fixing some typos on my mom's (Dad's) blog The Robin's Nest (robinhagbergathome.blogspot.com). It made me sad reading the events that have taken place in the last couple of months. How could it all happen so quickly? I never imagined that my dad would get cancer and be bed-ridden so quickly. I really thought we would have a chance to do something together, have more pictures taken, have more "quality" time.
Dad has been a trooper. We were able to spend Christmas together, but since that day, he has been pretty much confined to the house, to his bed or chair, and not doing anything else.
A couple of weeks ago, we gathered together as a family for one last photo. My sister-in-law, Jen, had set up an appointment with a photographer, but just the day before, it was decided that Dad couldn't even get out of the house. We ended up have a sister-in-law of a sister-in-law come to the house and squeeze us all in (I think 35 of us). It will be very nice to have those pictures, but, I don't know, I guess I just want more. I want it my way. I want my dad a little longer. I have tried to be brave, to remember how blessed I have been, to be grateful, but today is just not that day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Our family is praying that Uncle Robin can peacefully leave this earth when the Lord needs him home. We wish you could have had many more years with him. We know that his presence will be missed so much by each of his loved ones. All our love,
Maggie and siblings
Post a Comment