Friday, March 19, 2010

FOOD PICTURES








Heather wanted pictures of the food at Tyler's lunch, so here are a few.
The menu:
Orang Juice
Milk
Chocolate milk
Waffles with Strawberries, whipped cream, buttermilk syrup, maple syrup, powdered sugar
Breakfast Casserole
Bacon
Sausage
Fruit: pineapple, grapes, strawberries, kiwi
Dessert: cream puffs, snickerdoodles, chocolate chip cookies, brownies, oreos
Here is the recipe for the buttermilk syrup. It is wonderful. YOU'VE GOTTA TRY IT!
Buttermilk Syrup
1 1/2 c. sugar
3/4 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. butter
2 T. corn syrup
1 t. baking soda
2 t. vanilla
Combine all but vanilla and bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
Breakfast Casserole
1 dozen eggs
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. melted butter
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 pint cottage cheese
7 oz. can green chilies
1 pound Monterey jack cheese
Optional: add cooked sausage or ham to ingredients
Mix all ingredients in a big bowl. Place in a jelly roll pan sprayed with Pam. Cook at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Also, have you noticed that a lot of us have pretty much stopped blogging? Most of my blogs I check on haven't been updated for months.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know!! Most of my girlfriends WERE avid bloggers. They blogged at least weekly... bi monthly if it was a busy month. Now... I can count on one hand who is still blogging.
I know I have had my phases but not because I didn't want to... but because of computer issues. Please don't stop blogging Shannan! I love reading your posts.

shannan said...

Thanks Maggie