Sunday, March 14, 2010

TYLER AND JEN'S WEDDING

Yesterday, David and I got to go to Tyler and Jen's temple wedding. It was so very nice. As we walked out, the snow was falling softly. From the waiting area at the Salt Lake Temple, it was beautiful, but as you walked out into it, the cold, wet snow was freezing. I felt sorry for Jen with her short sleeves and gorgeous hair. Tyler kept an umbrella over her most of the time, but for some of the pictures, he had to take it off so the photographer could see everyone. At first it wasn't bad, but after an hour of being in the cold and wet, she was pretty cold. David and I ditched after we had done the family photo thing.

We came back to our ward building for a wedding luncheon, but that didn't start until around 2:30 p.m. Everyone seemed to enjoy the meal and had fun visiting, but it wasn't long till we were all meeting back again in Tooele. The reception was great. They had it in a church building in Tooele, and the decorations were very pretty. They had sheer fabric draped over wires to filter out some of the ceiling, and pretty little white Christmas lights (I forgot my camera for that part, but it was so pretty, I am hoping to remember that for when our girls might need something like that). The cake was in a white gazeba, and they had a wild and wacky dj that hosted the whole show.

Anyway, the reception was very fun. My kids enjoyed the dancing and we got to do sparklers as the bride and groom left the building to head on out to their honeymoon.

2 comments:

Carissa May said...

mom, the luncheon didn't start until after 3:00. I know, because I was very hungry. Start planning for my wedding reception! It'll be in june. haha. just kidding.

Becca Jane said...

you did a great job. will you put together the luncheon for my wedding?