Wednesday, November 12, 2008

VETERAN'S DAY

Yesterday was Veteran's Day and Nathan's cut scout group got to participate in a ceremony to retire an old flag at our school. It was a very nice ceremony, and Nathan got to be the one to carry the folded flag. Then his troup unfolded the flag and held it over the flame (our school secretary brought her fire pit from home), and they lowered the flag into the flame after two teachers in our school who are very big into scouting explained the sacredness of the flag and of that ceremony.

Whew! I just got done with about a two-month long marathon! Just a lot has been going on with about two major projects each week. This Saturday I teach a cooking class at our ward's Super Saturday, we have our last Primary Program to attend, and then I get a breather. To be fair, attending a ward's primary program is nothing--I really enjoy them. I am a little nervous about teaching the class on Saturday, but only a little. I think I have done enough of these, that I feel pretty good about how things will go. I am still not ready, but I know I will be.

I have been asked to speak at Stake Conference. That is a first for me, and I don't speak enough for that to be a comfortable thing, but I said "yes" and will try to do my best. I won't let that stress me out that much till later (in other words, I will procrastinate a little).

No comments: