Saturday, June 25, 2011

CARISSA AND DANNY GET MARRIED


On May 6, 2011, Carissa and Danny were married in the Bountiful Temple. It was a beautiful day, which was a miracle. Every day before and after seemed to be cold and stormy, but on their day, it was a lovely, warm day. They seemed to be having such fun the whole day.

The ceremony was beautiful. It was different being the mother of the bride. I guess I never thought too much about the day that I would be sitting next to my daughter as the officiator in the temle counciled the couple and performed the sealing. We could only invite 50 people, so most of the poeple there were family. The sealing room was full. Carissa and Danny were glowing.

Taking pictures outside the temple went well. The bridal party stayed around as others headed to the church for the lunch. Danny's mom and dad supplied the lunch of Chicken Cordon Bleau, yummy rice, rolls with butter, green salad, and a variety of cheesecakes. It was set so nicely and tasted delicious.

From there, we headed to the Allred's backyard to get ready for the reception. They were so generous in letting us use that as our setting for the reception. It was so pretty with their white picket fence, lovely greenery and flowers, and peaceful back yard. Thanks to many friends, the decorations, tables, food, and music were perfect. It was amazing. I had such a fun night talking with people I hadn't seen for years along with my family, ward family, and neighbors. It was delightful!

Carissa put a lot of work into her reception, and it payed off.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Wow Shannan! You look so wonderful in these photos too! Your skin looks so glowing in that turquoise. Such a beautiful mother of the bride~