Monday, November 1, 2010

WHAT'S UP?

Well, I finished the costumes. I underestimated my time and had to stay up quite late the last night finishing it. I will post pictures as soon as I find the cable to the computer. It is nice to have them done. Now I just have some table cloths to hem for a friend's wedding--piece of cake!

Chelsie is having me teach her sewing lessons. Tonight she will learn how to thread the sewing machine. She has learned about the feed dog, the presser foot, take up lever and how to sew a 5/8" seam. She really seems eager to learn (we'll see how long this lasts).

On Saturday, I went to Tooele to my sister-in-laws church building where a bunch of women were making temple pictures. They have beautiful big black frames. We painted the wood, assembled the frames, mounted the temple pictures to some kind of hard board and them put a texturizing over the picture and then put them all together. It was fun and they turned out beautifully. Thanks Susan for letting me come.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Yesterday Ann asked me to teach her how to sew. I don't know how to sew very well. I'd say that I am on the low Beginner end of the spectrum. I am totally clueless as how to teach her. She wanted to make a skirt for her American Girl doll. So we did the simplest elastic skirt and she did a lot of the work. She absolutely loved sewing and loves the skirt! She has been designing clothes for about 8 months now... but she wants to learn to actually sew them. I'm hoping that both she and I can improve in sewing skills and attempt to make a blouse for her doll.
Also... I was wondering how you like your gas double oven now that you have had it for awhile. Are the two ovens small and equal the size of ONE oven or is the whole range larger that a regular oven?
If you want to just email me to answer that is fine:
soyprincesa2@hotmail.com