I loved my old stove, but I grew up with a gas stove and for a long time had been wanting one. Finally, I decided to just go for it. I shopped around for quite a long time at every appliance store in Bountiful, and couldn't find what I really wanted. I loved my Maytag Gemini that was electric, but the gas version had four burners that were squished to one side to make room for the knobs that were on the top. Well, just last month, Maytag came out with a new gas stove that has the knobs on the front of the stove, which allowed for more room for the burners. Finally, I could have my double ovens (with the smaller oven on top), and my gas burners.It took awhile to get it finally done. My stove was on order for a few weeks, I had to get the plumbers to come and put pipes in for the gas to my kitchen, and then when it finally came, I didn't realize that I had to have a plumber there to hook it up. The installer wouldn't do it because of liability. Anyway, with patience, I finally got my new stove. I love how it looks, and I am really surprised at how I like the ovens. I didn't think they would be so good, but they do a great baking job. The bottom is a convection oven which I don't know how to cook with yet. Yeah!!!
4 comments:
How exciting! I have never really thought about the benefits of two ovens, but it seems like it would be great.
Yes. Having two ovens can come in very handy, but I don't use both all that often. Mostly, I just use the little oven.
Can I have your old electric double oven??? :)
Sue, I would love to give it to you, but I gave it to Heather. I wish I had another one. You would absolutely love it!!!!
Post a Comment