

Wow! A lot has happened in the past two weeks. I wish I had pictures, and I think I will if Becca will share with me.
From July 23-26, our family went to St. Anthony, Idaho, to play with our Bishopric. Everyone was there except for the ward clerk. We also had the Alder family, Luz and Luchelle Stock, the Edgingtons, and some of Bishop Rose's family. We stayed in the only motel in St. Anthony, but it is only a block and a half away from the Rose's "cabin." Their house is right on the Snake River, and it is quite the gathering place. We swam, paddleboated, canoed, played at the sand bar and at the park, and just had a very good time. I enjoyed the time the moms got to visit and catch up. It was a very nice time. Some of the gang went to the sand dunes and rode four-wheelers. We did that last year, but this year we just ran out of time. Some even went to jump off of the bridge--not on your life!
We got back Saturday about 5:00 p.m., and around 9:30 p.m. the ward camp director called and asked if I would be able to come to girls camp. We were to meet on Monday morning at 6:00 a.m. I told her I would see what I could do about Nathan and Chelsie and just figure out if it was even possible. David and I talked about it, and decided that it might work. On Sunday I saw her and asked if she was really serious and she really did need and want me, so I committed to go. I figured that one way or the other, it would be possible.
Monday, Carissa didn't have to go to work, so she agreed to be responsible for Nathan and Chelsie. David took work off on Tuesday and Wednesday. I am home now. They only needed me till Wednesday afternoon. I had David and the kids come and pick me up today.
Our ward went up to Heber Valley Camp above Heber. It is an amazing church camp. The church has bought 8,000 acres of land and is developing it for girls camps, although families and wards can also use it. You can check it out on http://www.hebervalleycamp.org/. There are flush toilets, nice showers, covered bowries, nice sturdy cabins, a 10 acre lake (with paddle boats and canoes), and beautiful hiking trails. They have 150 service missionaries that run the facility. We had two couples assigned to our campsite and they were always checking on us, taking our garbage four times a day, arranging activites that we might choose to do (i.e. hikes, lake activites, nature guides, etc.). They had propane plumbed to our pavilion with two camp chefs that had three burners each. The kitchen area was beautiful with two refrigerator/freezers, sturdy shelves for all of our food and I don't know what else. Also, down by where our service missionaries slept, they had an ice machine for our coolers. It was just amazing. We were in the Bertha Reeder campground (#6).
We had moose (I never saw it), a mother deer and her two babies, and a badger that frequented our campsite. Also, there have been bear sitings up there, but we were very, very careful and did everything we were supposed to to be safe. Also, there was a hummingbird that had made its nest in a light in the bowry. He just hovered around and we all loved him. When I left at 1:00 today, the girls were having a great time. We had not had any contention, and those girls are all so wonderful (I am not exaggerating). I am home now and need to get laundry done, and get ready for tomorrow. I am tired. (I haven't hiked so much in my life!)
From July 23-26, our family went to St. Anthony, Idaho, to play with our Bishopric. Everyone was there except for the ward clerk. We also had the Alder family, Luz and Luchelle Stock, the Edgingtons, and some of Bishop Rose's family. We stayed in the only motel in St. Anthony, but it is only a block and a half away from the Rose's "cabin." Their house is right on the Snake River, and it is quite the gathering place. We swam, paddleboated, canoed, played at the sand bar and at the park, and just had a very good time. I enjoyed the time the moms got to visit and catch up. It was a very nice time. Some of the gang went to the sand dunes and rode four-wheelers. We did that last year, but this year we just ran out of time. Some even went to jump off of the bridge--not on your life!
We got back Saturday about 5:00 p.m., and around 9:30 p.m. the ward camp director called and asked if I would be able to come to girls camp. We were to meet on Monday morning at 6:00 a.m. I told her I would see what I could do about Nathan and Chelsie and just figure out if it was even possible. David and I talked about it, and decided that it might work. On Sunday I saw her and asked if she was really serious and she really did need and want me, so I committed to go. I figured that one way or the other, it would be possible.
Monday, Carissa didn't have to go to work, so she agreed to be responsible for Nathan and Chelsie. David took work off on Tuesday and Wednesday. I am home now. They only needed me till Wednesday afternoon. I had David and the kids come and pick me up today.
Our ward went up to Heber Valley Camp above Heber. It is an amazing church camp. The church has bought 8,000 acres of land and is developing it for girls camps, although families and wards can also use it. You can check it out on http://www.hebervalleycamp.org/. There are flush toilets, nice showers, covered bowries, nice sturdy cabins, a 10 acre lake (with paddle boats and canoes), and beautiful hiking trails. They have 150 service missionaries that run the facility. We had two couples assigned to our campsite and they were always checking on us, taking our garbage four times a day, arranging activites that we might choose to do (i.e. hikes, lake activites, nature guides, etc.). They had propane plumbed to our pavilion with two camp chefs that had three burners each. The kitchen area was beautiful with two refrigerator/freezers, sturdy shelves for all of our food and I don't know what else. Also, down by where our service missionaries slept, they had an ice machine for our coolers. It was just amazing. We were in the Bertha Reeder campground (#6).
We had moose (I never saw it), a mother deer and her two babies, and a badger that frequented our campsite. Also, there have been bear sitings up there, but we were very, very careful and did everything we were supposed to to be safe. Also, there was a hummingbird that had made its nest in a light in the bowry. He just hovered around and we all loved him. When I left at 1:00 today, the girls were having a great time. We had not had any contention, and those girls are all so wonderful (I am not exaggerating). I am home now and need to get laundry done, and get ready for tomorrow. I am tired. (I haven't hiked so much in my life!)
No comments:
Post a Comment